UnSerious Collective Fellowship
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
The UnSerious Collective Fellowship awards FOUR (4) emerging Nigerian poets as Unserious Collective Fellows annually for poetry that is commendable, experimental, brilliant, and daring. The fellowship is part of the major essence of the collective—to recognize talents and celebrate hard work in the bustling Nigerian Poetry community.
All emerging poets who have not published full-length collections are eligible regardless of age, geographic location, or educational status, and are encouraged to submit.
Unserious Collective Scholars will receive N50,000 each and publication of their portfolios of poems on our website.
Finalists will have their works published on our website too.
- The competition is open to all emerging Nigerian poets. Nigerian poet, we take to mean a person born in Nigeria, or whose parents (at least one) are Nigerian, or a person living in Nigeria naturalized as a citizen.
- Send in up to SIX (previously published or unpublished) poems of any length in a .doc or .docx file—Single-spaced. Font: 12, Garamond or Times New Roman (Note: Ensure that publication history of published poems are clearly acknowledged in your submission).
- Original entries only.
- There is no guiding theme or style. Submit your best work.
- The submission title should read, "UCPS 2023".
- All submissions must be sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- DEADLINE: APRIL 30, 2023
- NO ENTRY FEE.